Sunday, January 7, 2018

MINIMALISM in QUILTS

I woke up with my head filled with ideas about minimalist quilts! Is that a contradiction?
The winter landscape offered me a minimalist scene.





This tree could be the model for Gwen's tree, except I know a Beech provided the inspiration, and my tree is an Oak.


In six short months I will be in the thick of it. Maybe that doesn't rightly characterize simplicity, yet the process of a good challenge with focused rigor leading to enough is my experience of minimalism in quilts. Here is a link to the class I am offering in June 2018 woodland ridge

This miniature minimal basket will carry us through.... I'll add that the simple basket reflects one of my favorite quilts in Abstract Design in American Quilts: A Biography of an Exhibition, plate 39, Jonathan Holstein 1991. 


No comments:

Post a Comment